We partner with The Bliss Trust to support emerging composers living and working in the UK who are seeking funds to assist with professional development in the field of contemporary classical music.
The next deadline is TBC.
There are elements of the application such as manuscripts, which will need to be posted to us. Please send in to time to arrive in time for the deadline. The postal address is:
FOA Elizabeth Sills, PRS Foundation, 2 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG
The grant of up to £750 can help with:
- supporting professional recordings of new works, promotional recordings or similar projects
- computer hardware/software or similar resources
- travel costs relating to attending performances abroad
- commissioning fees* (to assist or supplement another body)
- as a bursary towards study at a summer school or similar (i.e. supplementary study)
It is anticipated that this scheme will be highly competitive and resources are limited so please remember that an application does not guarantee an award.
We are unable to grant funds for assistance with full-time, part-time, post-graduate, undergraduate studies or any activities/equipment directly relating to curricular studies, or to individuals who have previously been recipients of a Composer Bursary.
*If a composition is already being supported by PRS for Music Foundation under another funding opportunity, then further application under this opportunity will not be considered.