Momentum Guidance and FAQ’S
Are you eligible for Momentum funding?
If you can answer YES to the below questions you may qualify for the Momentum Music Fund and should consider applying.
- Are you an artist/band based in England?
- Do you write or perform your own music?
- Have you been profiled/featured in national press, media and received coverage in UK wide blogs as an artist/band?
- Have you played shows or been asked to play multiple shows across the UK?
- Do you have evidence of a strong fan base nationally and regionally?
Who can apply?
Artists/Bands applying for the Momentum Music Fund must be at a crucial tipping point in their careers, showing current progression and growth as an artist with the potential to significantly develop their careers over the next two years.
NOTE: This application is not for artists/bands just starting out, demoing and playing their first gigs. If you are at an earlier stage in your career please click here for other funding options, including The Open Fund.
Applications can be made by artists/bands directly or representatives of the artist. Those who can apply on behalf of an artist are;
- Booking agent
- Trusted advisor to the artist
When can I apply?
We advise you make a start on the application when you’re sure you’re eligible for this fund and have a clear plan in place for the next stages of your career.
The next deadline for the Momentum Music Fund is Tuesday 29 May at 6pm. We aim to communicate back to all applicants with a decision within 8 weeks.
How much can artists and bands apply for?
You can apply for £5k – £15k to contribute to the development of you as an artist. We recommend you budget realistically to show what you need. Our average Momentum grant is £12,619.21
What can be funded?
- Recording – new album, EP, single, producer, engineer, mixer fees, studio hire, session musician fees, etc.
- Touring (UK only) – travel, accommodation, musician fees, set/production design, tour management, equipment hire, etc.
- Marketing and promotions – online PR, radio plugger, digital marketing, music videos, merchandise production, etc.
Note: We will fund costs that help you develop professionally and creatively.
What can’t be funded?
- Van/car purchase
- International touring
- Support for a roster of artists – each application must focus on one artist
- Projects requesting funding that would, is or could be covered by the deal the artist/band has with a label, publisher, management company or other relationships (e.g. touring costs).
- Capital projects (e.g. building work)
- Buying equipment
- Building a studio
For more budget tips watch our ‘How to Apply Video’ by CLICKING HERE
What are the funding application deadlines?
The Momentum Music Fund has 4 deadlines a year. The next deadline is Tuesday 29 May at 6pm. We aim to communicate back to all applicants with a decision within 8 weeks. All our funding decisions for Momentum are made by an expert group panelists.