New Music Plus…
Sustaining Innovation Through Collaboration
On Tuesday 15th March at Tate Liverpool we held an event to debate the challenges, creativity and sustainable innovation stimulated when independent event producers work with established arts organisations.
‘@VanessaBartlett : I left today with the sense that its actually an exciting time to be an independent producer!…’
The event draws from the experience of New Music Plus… North West – the producer development programme piloted in 2010, aimed at independent producers and programmers, curators and marketeers working in arts organisations and museums.
Activities included high level panels, networking opportunities, New Music Plus… case studies and an opportunity to hear from funders.
Panellists on the day were:
- Baba Israel (Contact)
- Craig Monk (Arts Council England)
- Doris Pearce (National Portrait Gallery)
- Fiona Gasper (Royal Exchange)
- Joana Seguro (Lumin)
- John Kieffer (Sound and Music)
- Jon Hering (New Music Plus… North West participant)
- Laura Ducceschi (De La Warr Pavilion)
- Lindsey Fryer (Tate Liverpool)
- Regis Cochefert (Paul Hamlyn Foundation)
- Ross Dalziel (New Music Plus… North West participant)
- Sarah Fisher (FACT)
- Stephen Campbell (Umbro)
- Steve Symons (New Music Plus… North West participant)