- Seven new writer-producers receive career-changing support
PRS Foundation, the UK’s leading funder of new music and talent development announces today the latest recipients to receive support through The Writer Producer Fund.
The supported songwriters/writer-producers are:
- Dominic Lyttle – Dom Lyttle, known as the Producer’s Producer, at the age of 21 has already racked up over 300 million streams on his productions, and has received worldwide airplay working with artists such as Sam Feldt, NERVO, Möwe and Conor Maynard.
- Future Humans – Future Humans is a London based music songwriter/producer/artist. After working behind the scenes with artists such as Lewis Capaldi, Elderbrook and Sam Sure, June 2019 saw the release of “I’m Not in Love”, the first piece of original music released as Future Humans. Collaborating with Afnan Prince, the single marked the move to a new era of Future Humans.
- Mark Vallance – Mark Vallance is a multi-talented songwriter from Birmingham whose recent cuts include Tom Walker’s lead track “Blessings” on his debut EP and number 1 album “What a time to be Alive” and “Recognise” with Lost Frequencies ft Flynn, which gained a top 10 radio chart position in Summer 2019 in Germany.
- Steph Marziano – Steph Marziano produced, engineered and mixed her first album ‘We Used To Bloom’ by Denai Moore, to critical acclaim. Her most recent work includes writing with artists such as Bloxx, Boniface, Billy Lockett, Claud, Lazy Day, Millie Turner, Sophie and the Giants and many more.
- Rhiannon Mair – Rhiannon Mair is a music producer, engineer and songwriter championed by Music Tech Magazine as one of the ‘UK’s rising stars of production’ She has worked with artists including Laura Marling, Bryde, Emma McGrath, Luna, Laura Brehm, and LANTA with her work receiving airplay on BBC Radio 1 & 2, 6 Music and Spotify New Music Friday.
- North Downs / Jack Sibley – Jack Sibley started his career under the electronic music alias Pedestrian. He has become synonymous with his long-term collaborators and good friends, Maribou State and has his own collaborative project entitled North Downs, with collaborations from Andreya Triana, Khruangbin and of course Maribou State, amongst others.
- Jessica Sharman – Jessica’s songs topped the album charts in 2016, with five cuts on Ward Thomas’s ‘Cartwheels’, including the lead single ‘Carry You Home’. Recently, she’s been writing with Hannah Grace, Bill Reynolds (Band of Horses), Belle Mt, Sea Girls, Gabrielle Aplin, Lilla Vargen, Richard Judge and Benedict Cork, as well as writing and producing tracks for Áine and Bre Kennedy.
Dominic Lyttle who is receiving support through the Writer Producer Fund said, “I’m thrilled that the PRS Foundation’s Writer Producer Fund has chosen to help … the Writer Producer Fund is going to have a massive impact on my creative output as a producer. I’m incredibly grateful to the whole PRS Foundation team.”
Joe Frankland, CEO of PRS Foundation said, “Congratulations to all seven talented songwriters and producer-writers to receive this support. It’s crucial that those behind the scenes in music creation are supported to develop their talent as much as those in the spotlight and I’m very much looking forward to seeing the impact on their creative process in the future.”