Dave wins Album of the Year at the BRIT Awards with Psychodrama
“All my young Kings and Queens that are chasing their dreams… you can do anything you put your mind to!” Dave
• Dave received PRS Foundation International Showcase Fund to perform at SXSW in 2017
• 4 artists nominated for the BRIT Awards this year have received support from PRS Foundation during their career
Huge congratulations to Dave on winning Album of the Year at this year’s BRIT Awards, hot on the trail of his Mercury win. 3 other artists nominated, have also received support from PRS Foundation including Sam Fender, Freya Ridings and AJ Tracey.
Dave received support through PRS Foundation’s International Showcase Fund to travel to and perform at SXSW in 2017.
The International Showcase Fund is run by PRS Foundation in partnership with Department for International Trade, PPL, British Underground, Arts Council England, The Musicians’ Union, Creative Scotland, Wales Arts International and Arts Council Wales, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Invest Northern Ireland. It offers support for artists to take their first steps into international territories by enabling them to perform at key showcasing festivals and conferences such as Canadian Music Week, SXSW, Reeperbahn, Zandari Festival, Womex, Eurosonic, Jazzahead and Mutek which attract thousands of people working in the music industry from every corner of the globe.
The BRIT Award artists that have received PRS Foundation support are:
• Sam Fender – supported through the PPL Momentum Music Fund and the International Showcase Fund Fund to perform at SXSW 2018
• Freya Ridings – supported through the International Showcase Fund to perform at Eurosonic 2017
• AJ Tracey – supported through the International Showcase Fund Fund to perform at SXSW 2018