Spotify COVID-19 Music Relief Project
We are proud to announce that we are a part of the Spotify COVID-19 Music Relief project, which was created to help support the global music community during this unprecedented crisis.
It aims to amplify the efforts of organisations that focus on helping artists and those in the creative community most in need.
Spotify is making a donation to PRS Foundation and will match donations made here pound for pound up to a collective total of $10 million worldwide.
Donate to help music creators
Thanks to the Spotify Covid-19 Music Relief Project and your donations, we can continue to offer vital new music support. Every £1 you donate will be matched by Spotify and this presents an opportunity to do what we do best – Supporting artists and songwriters to create and develop when they need it most.
Please note we have migrated our JustGiving page to Crowd Funder
With your support we have launched the Sustaining Creativity Fund
- Designed for music creators experiencing hardship from loss of work due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- This fund helps UK music creators to do what they do best, using a new model to support music making, however that looks
- We will offer timely grant support of £750 to make a difference and will support outstanding talent in flexible ways
- The grant can be spent on anything that enables music creators to continue to create exceptional new music
- This includes using support to adapt and sustain careers by covering lost income, supporting your costs or cash-flow
- It allows creators to spend time writing, recording, collaborating, innovating and making creative plans
- Funding will be available to those making music in any genre
This is a new type of support which responds to the changing needs of creators. For those experiencing significant impact on their work, income and ability to complete planned musical activities, we want to enable creativity and to help grantees to be in a good position to fulfil creative and career potential, breaking down the huge barriers presented by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We see this new fund as sitting between the immediate hardship funding available from our friends and partners, and our other open and accessible programmes.
Your support also allows us to pay freelance and self-employed expert industry professionals in need of extra income who will be helping the PRS Foundation team to assess applications.
This timely new fund will be open, accessible and inclusive.
- 100% of the money raised enables us to support those who need it most
- We will support at least 120 music creators in the next 3 months, with at least 2 deadlines
- The more you can donate, the more vital support we can offer, and we expect and are prepared for high demand