PRS Foundation supported artists at ESNS Eurosonic Noorderslag 2023
At this year’s ESNS Eurosonic we will be supporting 11 UK artists to perform at ESNS (Eurosonic Noorderslag), Groningen, the Netherlands from 18th January 2023.
9 artists will be supported through our International Showcase Fund and two through our BBC Music Introducing & PRS Foundation showcase partnership.
The artists receiving International Showcase Fund support are:
- Big Joanie, (England) – performing at Blauwe Hemel on Friday 20th January at midnight
- CIEL, (England) – performing at Werkman College on Wednesday 18th January at 23:15
- Dea Matrona, (Northern Ireland) – performing at Huize Maas Main on Wednesday 18th January at 21:10
- Gallus, (Scotland) – performing at Huize Maas Main on Wednesday 18th January at 23:40
- Kymara, (England) – performing at Der AA-Theater on Thursday 19th January at 20:00
- Lucinda Chua, (England) – performing at DOT on Friday 20th January at 20:00
- O, (England) – performing at VERA on Wednesday 18th January at 20:45
- New Pagans, (Northern Ireland) – performing at Werkman College on Thursday 19th January at 21:50
- The Heavy Heavy, (England) – performing at Huize Maas Main on Wednesday 18th January at 20:20
The two artist receiving BBC Music Introducing an PRS Foundation showcase support are:
- Vlure, (Scotland) – performing at VERA on Wednesday 18th January at 23:45
- Adwaith, (Wales) – performing at VERA on Friday 20th January at 22:15
Additionally, Women Make Music and Keychange supported Chagall will be performing at Eurosonic Air on Wednesday 18th January at 20:25.
International Showcase Fund supported New Pagans said,
“This support provides us with the opportunity to create new partnerships with critical members of the European music industry at a critical point in our career.”
Westley Holdsworth, Grants & Programmes Manager at PRS Foundation said,
“We’re delighted to be supporting these hugely talented export ready music creators to showcase at this year’s ESNS (Eurosonic Noorderslag) through our International Showcase Fund and our partnership with BBC Music Introducing. This type of timely support is so important to remove the barriers for music creators to break into new territories at the right time and further develop their careers and talent. ”
The International Showcase Fund is run by PRS Foundation in partnership with Department for International Trade, Arts Council England, British Underground, Musicians’ Union, Creative Scotland, PPL, Wales Arts International, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Invest Northern Ireland. It offers vital and timely support for artists to take their first steps into international territories by enabling them to perform at key showcasing festivals and conferences such as Canadian Music Week, SXSW, Reeperbahn Festival, Zandari Festival, Womex, Eurosonic, Jazzahead and Mutek which attract thousands of people working in the music industry from every corner of the globe.
Since 2015, BBC Music Introducing and PRS Foundation have been working together to support and create a platform for the UK’s most talented artists to showcase at overseas music industry events. Artists that have been supported and performed at these joint showcases, include Billie Marten, Clean Cut Kid, Elf Kid, Folly Rae, Frances, Georgia, Jack Garratt, Leo Kalyan, Little Simz, Malaika, Mammal Hands, Mirror Signal, Peter Edwards Trio, Poppy Ajudha, Sam Fender, Spring King, The Big Moon, Moses Boyd, Yazz Ahmed, KOKOROKO and Vaults.