About Beyond Borders
Beyond Borders is a co-commissioning and touring programme run in partnership with Creative Scotland, Arts Council of Wales, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Arts Council of Ireland / An Chomhairle Ealaíon.
Funding of up to £15,000 is available for projects that include repeat performances of music written in the past five years, new commissions and recordings.
This opportunity stimulates collaboration between organisations and bands/ensembles in England, Northern lreland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It enables music creators to produce exceptional new material to be performed in at least three of these countries.
Launched in 2010, the scheme has supported over 50 projects so far, bringing together organisations and music creators across the UK, Ireland and abroad. Click on the link below to find out more about the projects supported through this fund.
The next deadline for the programme is June 2019, applications open in April 2019.
The aims of Beyond Borders are to:
- support imaginative, high quality co-commissions and performances of new musical works by UK and Ireland-based music creators in a framework which guarantees more than one performance in different countries
- support further performances/touring of music written by UK and Ireland-based music creators during the past five years
- support projects which are genuinely collaborative and have been developed jointly by the partners involved (whether as co-commissioners or touring partners)
- encourage partnerships and sharing of expertise between organisations in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales and England which are committed to commissioning new music and developing local and regional audiences
- raise the profile and benefits of co-commissioning/co-producing/touring which takes work beyond the premiere to a broader range of organisations and audiences