PPL Momentum Accelerator
PPL Momentum Accelerator is a targeted scheme to support the development of outstanding artists and bands who are writing their own music, and future Industry Professionals, outside London and who face additional barriers in reaching a crucial career tipping point based on their location.
Previous recipients include English Teacher, L E M F R E C K and Piss Kitti.
Through the evaluation of our PPL Momentum Music Fund and evidence from thousands of applications PRS Foundation receives each year, we identified talent pipeline gaps across the UK. Many music creators show strong musical potential but are unable to capitalise upon this due to financial barriers, gaps in regional infrastructure, knowledge, advice, and access to industry platforms.
PPL Momentum Accelerator’s long-term approach supports the development of these outstanding artists and bands outside London, with partners providing support for a number of future industry professionals such as managers, promoters, record labels, music publishers, booking agents, to bolster regional scenes across the UK.
Launched as a pilot in Liverpool in 2019, PPL Momentum Accelerator runs in Liverpool City Region, Yorkshire and Wales.
Check deadlines before applying: click here
PPL Momentum Accelerator (Liverpool) is in partnership with Liverpool City Region Music Board, Culture Liverpool and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority,
PPL Momentum Accelerator (Yorkshire) is in partnership with Launchpad, delivered by Music:Leeds / Music Local and using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
PPL Momentum Accelerator Fund is managed by PRS Foundation in partnership with Arts Council of Wales, PPL and Spotify.
The programme can support projects by songwriters, artists, bands, and performers who are writing their own music based in Yorkshire, Liverpool City Region and Wales, as well as future industry professionals based in Liverpool City Region and Wales.
The aims of PPL Momentum Accelerator are:
- To provide vital and timely financial support of up to £5k which will help talented artists and bands outside London to reach or get beyond early career tipping points
- To enable artists and bands become more investment-ready in the future
- To support regional industry infrastructure and access to team members so that artists, bands and industry professionals do not need to leave their region to progress in their careers
- Provide access to industry-facing platforms (e.g. live platforms, radio and DSP access, industry interest)
- Provide knowledge and advice to enable music creators and industry professionals to generate income, build audiences and sustain careers
- Support a diverse range of music creators and industry professionals across the UK
- Support sustainable regional scenes, with income generated staying in the area