Take Five Edition XII will run until the summer of 2017 and provides participants with one-to-one mentoring sessions to address their particular areas of need, as well a residential period for exploring areas such as composition, performance, communications, business infrastructure and strategic direction.
The eight creative jazz musicians who have been selected for Take Five Edition XII are:
- Olie Brice (Double Bass, East Sussex) https://soundcloud.com/olie-brice
- Corrie Dick (Drums, London) https://corriedick.bandcamp.com/
- Duncan Eagles (Saxophone, London) http://www.duncaneagles.com/
- Paul Edis (Piano, North Shields) http://www.pauledis.co.uk/
- Richard Foote (Trombone, Birmingham)
- Kim Macari (Trumpet, London) https://kimmacari.wordpress.com/
- Rebecca Nash (Piano, Birmingham) http://richardfoote.co.uk/
- Shirley Tetteh (Guitar, London) http://serious.org.uk/artists/shirley-tetteh
Vanessa Reed, Chief Executive, PRS for Music Foundation said: ‘Congratulations to the eight talented jazz musicians that have been selected for this year’s Take Five Edition XII. It’s great to see another line-up of exceptional musicians being offered the opportunity to collaborate and learn from each other as they take their careers to the next level. I look forward to following the outcomes from the residency early next year.