Sound Festival: Talent Development Fund 2020
A new music incubator based in NE Scotland, Sound runs Scotland’s main annual new music festival and promotes/produces events and learning/participation activities year-round. Sound encompasses a broad range of “new” music to increase access to a wide audience, and through commissioning and participation activities encourages experimentation and nurtures talent.
Sound is a new music incubator based in NE Scotland. Sound runs the annual soundfestival and organizes year-round events, projects and workshops. They aim to encourage excellence and experimentation, nurture and support composers to create new music, and increase access to new music to the general public.
2020 – 2021:
Soundcreators aims to nurture composers working in the contemporary music sphere developing their talent through supported commissions, mentoring, performances, skills development, workshops and international opportunities.
Sound will support new music creators from across the “new” music spectrum (classical, electroacoustic, jazz etc). A Scottish-based organisation, it is estimated that around 75% will be Scottish composers.
In particular they will target:• Emerging composers, finishing or having left higher education, trying to gain commissions/hone skills
• Mid-career composers ineligible for “young” composer opportunities, but not “established” and needing tailored support
• Established composers through ongoing commission opportunities
• Female composers through a continued emphasis on programming their music
• Composers with ASN/disabilities through a specific focus on their music in 2020
• Young composers (12-18) from NE Scotland