About New Music Plus…
Throughout 2009 and 2010 New Music Plus.. produced some fantastic collaborative musical events. From mash-ups in planetariums, to short-wave radio processions on the streets of Liverpool, drummers in art galleries and sonic journeys at festivals, creative collaborations broke new ground and touched new audiences.
By getting involved in New Music Plus… the participating event producers receive:
- a bespoke training course, shaped and directed by associate partner the hub, which includes regular opportunities to network and share learning with the other participants in the scheme
- mentoring throughout the programme
- a business development bursary including support for international networking
- a 12 month placement with one of the partner organisations which culminates in at least one new co-production.
The partner organisations benefit from:
- the opportunity to work with an independent producer and access to the producers’ speciailst musical knowledge and expertise
- the opportunity to meet and network with peers from other organisations and share knowledge and experience
- an opportunity to develop and embed innovative music programming throughout their own organisations