The nominees for this year’s AIM Awards have been announced, with a total of 21 nominations for PRS Foundation Awardees
The Association Of Independent Music has announced that its Independent Music Awards this year will be presented via a virtual ceremony. Before lockdown, the tenth anniversary edition of the event was originally set to take place at The Roundhouse in London in September. An online ceremony will now be broadcast on 12 August instead.
In an attempt to recreate the awards ceremony experience for an audience at home, there will be live performances from a variety of artists, with PRS Foundation supported artist Arlo Parks the first to be announced.
Momentum awardee, Jazz percussionist Moses Boyd is one of the artists with the most nominations.
Here’s the full list of PRS Foundation grantees nominated:
- UK Independent Breakthrough: Georgia, Kokoroko, Moses Boyd
- International Breakthrough: Floating Points, Idles
- Best Independent Track: AJ Tracey – Dinner Guest (feat Mostack), Sorry – Right Round The Clock
Squid – Sludge
- Best Independent Album: Brooke Bentham – Everyday Nothing, Moses Boyd – Dark Matter, The Ninth Wave – Infancy, Sarathy Korwar – More Arriving
- Best [Difficult] Second Album: Floating Points – Crush, Joe Armon Jones – Turn To Clear View, Life – A Picture Of Good Health
- Best Independent Remix: Lafawndah – Tourist X Nídia Rework
- One To Watch: Arlo Parks, Blanco White
- Best Creative Packaging: Sophie – Oil Of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides Non-Stop Remix Album, Moses Boyd – Dark Matter LP (Dinked Edition)
- Best Independent Video: The Howl & The Hum – The Only Boy Racer Left On The Island