The Tin Music and Arts: Talent Development Partner 2019
The Tin Music and Arts programmes exciting contemporary live music in its own venue, The Coal Vaults, as well as in other unusual spaces across Coventry.
Key projects include –
Boudica Festival: With a female focused line up of live music, films and art, Boudica(named after the warrior queen thought to be defeated in battle just north of Coventry) is an annual Festival which gives a platform to and celebrates the underrepresented talent of womxn in the music industry both on and off the stage.
As well as an inspiring and diverse musical line-up, Boudica aims to employ an events crew, using the expertise of female and non binary sound engineers, lighting technicians and stage managers.
Deliaphonic: Launched in 2017, on the 80th anniversary of her birth, Deliaphonic celebrates the legacy of Coventry born, pioneering electronic musician, Delia Derbyshire. Now an annual
celebration, the project brings together Deliaʼs contemporaries and younger new musicians who are directly influenced by her work.
Coventry Music Network: CMN is a project which reflects the gap in industry support for musicians in the city and is made up of several elements which have been identified as valuable solutions.
• CMN Music Pathways – will be the go-to website for information developing as a musician
• Monthly mini music conferences with presentations from industry experts and local showcases.
• Affordable rehearsal room access.
• Mentoring/consultations for local artists.
• New Promoters Programme – supporting first time promoters through advice and financial backing.